- Faculty Directory
- Academic Staff Directory
- Administrative Staff Directory
- Pappalardo Fellows Directory
- Postdoctoral Scholars
- Departmental Committees
- Society of Physics Students
- Physics Graduate Students Council
- Undergraduate Women in Physics
- Graduate Women in Physics
- MIT Association of Postdoctoral Scholars
- Alumni & Friends
Professor of Physics, Emeritus
Name: Arthur K. Kerman
Title(s): Professor of Physics, Emeritus
Phone: (617) 253-7072
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Avenue, Bldg. 6-306
Cambridge, MA 02139
Area of Physics:
Professor Kerman, a native of Montreal and a graduate of McGill University, joined the MIT faculty in 1956 as an assistant professor of physics shortly after he received the PhD from MIT. He became an associate professor in 1960 and professor in 1964.
From 1976-83, Professor Kerman was director of the Center for Theoretical Physics. From 1983-92, he served as director of the Laboratory for Nuclear Science.
Professor Kerman is a fellow of the American Physical Society, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and the New York Academy of Sciences.