- Faculty Directory
- Academic Staff Directory
- Administrative Staff Directory
- Pappalardo Fellows Directory
- Postdoctoral Scholars
- Departmental Committees
- Society of Physics Students
- Physics Graduate Students Council
- Undergraduate Women in Physics
- Graduate Women in Physics
- MIT Association of Postdoctoral Scholars
- Alumni & Friends
MAXIM A. METLITSKI
Assistant Professor of Physics
PHONE: (617) 324-1498
ASSISTANT: Lesley Keaney (617) 253-4878
Area of Physics:
My research interests lie in the field of quantum matter. Some directions that I am currently exploring are: topological phases of matter, quantum criticality, quantum hall physics, exotic magnetism and quantum entanglement.
Metlitski received a BSc in physics and mathematics (2003) and an MSc in physics (2005) from the University of British Columbia, Canada. After obtaining his PhD in physics from Harvard University in 2011, he held a postdoctoral position at the Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics at the University of California, Santa Barbara until 2015. Metlitski joined the Department of Physics as an assistant professor in January 2017, after a faculty appointment at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics.
- F. Burnell, X. Chen, A. Kitaev, M. Metlitski, A. Vishwanath, "Time reversal invariant gapped boundaries of the double semion state," Phys. Rev. B 93, (2016), 235161, arXiv: 1509.00355.
- M. A. Metlitski and A. Vishwanath, "Particle-vortex duality of two-dimensional Dirac fermion from electric-magnetic duality of three-dimensional topological insulators," Phys. Rev. B 93, (2016), 245151, arXiv: 1505.05142.
- S. D. Geraedts, M. P. Zaletel, R. S. K. Mong, M. A. Metlitski, A. Vishwanath, O. I. Motrunich, "Half-filled Landau level: The case for Dirac composite fermions," Science 352, (2016), 197, arXiv: 1508.04140.
- M. A. Metlitski, "S-duality of u(1) gauge theory with Î¸=Ï on non-orientable manifolds: Applications to topological insulators and superconductors," (2015), arXiv: 1510.05663.
Last updated on March 30, 2017 3:02 PM