- Faculty Directory
- Academic Staff Directory
- Administrative Staff Directory
- Pappalardo Fellows Directory
- Postdoctoral Scholars
- Departmental Committees
- Society of Physics Students
- Physics Graduate Students Council
- Undergraduate Women in Physics
- Graduate Women in Physics
- MIT Association of Postdoctoral Scholars
- Alumni & Friends
Professor of Physics
Professor of Computational Neuroscience, Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences
Name: H. Sebastian Seung
Title(s): Professor of Physics
Phone: (617) 252-1693
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Area of Physics:
Structure and function of neuronal networks
Dr. Seung is Professor of Computational Neuroscience in the Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences and Department of Physics at the MIT Department of Physics, and Investigator of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. He studied theoretical physics with David Nelson at Harvard University, and completed postdoctoral training with Haim Sompolinsky at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Before joining the MIT faculty, Seung was a member of the Theoretical Physics Department at Bell Laboratories. He is a Sloan Research Fellow, a Packard Fellow, and a McKnight Scholar.
- V. Jain, B. Bollmann, et al. Boundary learning by optimization with topological constraints. Proceedings of the IEEE 23rd Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR '10) (2010).
- I. R. Wickersham, H. A. Sullivan, and H. S. Seung. Production of glycoprotein-deleted rabies viruses for monosynaptic tracing and high-level gene expression in neurons. Nature Protocols 5:595-606 (2010).
- S.C. Turaga, K. Briggman, M. Helmstaedter, W. Denk, and H.S. Seung. Maximin affinity learning of image segmentation. Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS ’09) (2010).
- H. S. Seung. Reading the book of memory: sparse sampling versus dense mapping of connectomes. Neuron 62, 17-29 (2009).
Last updated on July 25, 2013 4:56 PM