- Faculty Directory
- Academic Staff Directory
- Administrative Staff Directory
- Pappalardo Fellows Directory
- Postdoctoral Scholars
- Departmental Committees
- Society of Physics Students
- Physics Graduate Students Council
- Undergraduate Women in Physics
- Graduate Women in Physics
- MIT Association of Postdoctoral Scholars
- Alumni & Friends
Pappalardo Fellow in Physics: 2013-2016
Name: Guy Bunin
Title(s): Pappalardo Fellow in Physics: 2013-2016
Phone: (617) 253-7790
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Area of Physics:
Biophysics and Non-equilibrium Statistical Mechanics
Guy is interested in how complex systems behave out of equilibrium. During his Ph.D., he studied fluctuations in driven systems, asking when they satisfy general relations, regardless of the system details. He also developed new techniques to evaluate the probabilities of rare events in driven fields.
Guy is completing his Ph.D. in theoretical physics at the Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, under the supervision of Prof. Yariv Kafri. He earned his M.Sc. at the Technion, under the supervision of Prof. Dov Levine, and B.Sc. at the Hebrew University.
- G. Bunin, Y. Kafri and D. Podolsky, "Non differentiable large-deviation functionals in boundary-driven diffusive systems", J. Stat. Mech. L10001 (2012).
- G. Bunin, Y. Kafri and D. Podolsky, "Large deviations in boundary-driven systems: Numerical evaluation and effective large-scale behavior", EPL 99 20002 (2012).
- G. Bunin, L. D’Alessio, Y. Kafri and A. Polkovnikov, "Universal energy fluctuations in thermally isolated driven systems", Nature Physics 7, 913–917 (2011).
- M. Ben-Chen, C. Gotsman and G. Bunin, "Conformal flattening by curvature prescription and metric scaling", EUROGRAPHICS 2008, G. Drettakis and R. Scopigno (Ed.) 27 (2008).
Last updated on August 28, 2013 4:19 PM