- Faculty Directory
- Academic Staff Directory
- Administrative Staff Directory
- Pappalardo Fellows Directory
- Postdoctoral Scholars
- Departmental Committees
- Society of Physics Students
- Physics Graduate Students Council
- Undergraduate Women in Physics
- Graduate Women in Physics
- MIT Association of Postdoctoral Scholars
- Alumni & Friends
Pappalardo Fellow in Physics: 2012-2015
Name: Yoav Lahini
Title(s): Pappalardo Fellow in Physics: 2012-2015
Email: lahini at mit.edu
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Avenue, Bldg. 6C-433
Cambridge, MA 02139
Areas of Physics:
Experimental Soft Condensed Matter & Biophysics
Yoav’s research addresses questions on the dynamic properties of periodic, disordered and quasi-periodic systems. Specifically, he is interested the interplay of disorder and nonlinear interactions in classical and quantum physics, in the study of quantum walks and quantum many-body dynamics, and in the study of topological effects in quasi-periodic systems.
Yoav Lahini is a third-year Pappalardo Fellow, studying experimental soft condensed matter physics, biophysics and quantum information. Originally from Jerusalem, Israel, he earned a B.Sc. in physics at the Hebrew University and his Ph.D. in experimental physics at the Weizmann Institute of Science, working with Prof. Yaron Silberberg.
- Y. Lahini, A. Avidan, F. Pozzi, M. Sorel, R. Morandotti, D. N. Christodoulides and Y. Silberberg: “Anderson localization and nonlinearity in one-dimensional photonic lattices” Physical Review Letters. 100, 013906 (2008).
- Y. Lahini, R. Pugatch, F. Pozzi, M. Sorel, R. Morandotti, N. Davidson, and Y. Silberberg," Observation of a localization transition in quasi-periodic photonic lattices" Physical Review Letters 103, 013901 (2009).
- Y. Bromberg Y. Lahini, E. Small and Y. Silberberg, "Hanbury-Brown and Twiss interferometry with interacting photons" Nature Photonics 4, 721 (2010).
- Y. Lahini, Y. Bromberg and Y. Silberberg. “Quantum correlations in two-particle Anderson localization” Physical Review Letters 105, 163905 (2010).
- K. E. Kraus, Y. Lahini, Z. Ringler, M. Verbin and O. Zilberberg “Topological states and adiabatic pumping in quasicrystals” arXiv:1109.5983.