- Faculty Directory
- Academic Staff Directory
- Administrative Staff Directory
- Pappalardo Fellows Directory
- Postdoctoral Scholars
- Departmental Committees
- Society of Physics Students
- Physics Graduate Students Council
- Undergraduate Women in Physics
- Graduate Women in Physics
- MIT Association of Postdoctoral Scholars
- Alumni & Friends
Pappalardo Fellow in Physics: 2008-11
Name: Lu Li
Title(s): Pappalardo Fellow in Physics: 2008-11
Phone: (617) 715-4715
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Avenue, Bldg. 13-2057
Cambridge, MA 02139
Area of Physics:
Condensed Matter Experiment
Lu Li’s research focuses on the experimental study of strongly correlated electronic system. During his Ph.D. study, he explored diamagnetic signals from the pairing condensate of high Tc superconductors with sensitive torque magnetometry; he uncovered the low temperature vortex liquid phase in the lightly doped region of La2-xSrxCuO4. Li also studied the electronic and magnetic properties of other strongly correlated electronic materials, such as thermoelectric material NaxCoO2, p-wave superconductor Sr2RuO4 and single element Bismuth.
Lu Li worked with advisor Prof. Ong at Princeton University, where he received his Ph.D. in the spring of 2008. Li received his undergraduate degree in Physics from the University of Science and Technology of China in 2002.
- Lu Li, Y. Wang, M. J. Naughton, S. Koyima, S. Ono, Y. Ando and N. P. Ong “Magnetization, Nernst effect and vorticity in the cuprates”, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 310, 460 (2007).
- Lu Li, J. G. Checkelsky, S. Komiya, Y. Ando and N. P. Ong, “Low-temperature vortex liquid in La2-xSrxCuO4”, Nature Physics, 3, 311 (2007).
- M. Lee, L. Viciu, Lu Li, Y. Wang, M. L. Foo, S. Watauchi, R. A. Pascal, R.J. Cava and N.P. Ong, “Large enhancement of the thermopower in NaxCoO2 at high Na doping”, Nature Materials, 5, 537 (2006).
- Y. Wang, Lu Li and N. P. Ong, “Nernst effect in high- Tc superconductors”, Physical Review B, 73, 024510 (2006).
- Y. Wang, Lu Li, M. J. Naughton, G. Gu, S. Uchida and N. P. Ong, “Field-enhanced diamagnetism in the pseudogap state of the cuprate Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+δ superconductor in an intense magnetic field”, Physical Review Letters, 95, 247002 (2005).
- Lu Li, Y. Wang, M. J. Naughton, S. Ono, Y. Ando and N. P. Ong, “Strongly nonlinear magnetization above Tc in Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+δ”, Europhysics Letters, 72, 451 (2005).