- Faculty Directory
- Academic Staff Directory
- Administrative Staff Directory
- Pappalardo Fellows Directory
- Postdoctoral Scholars
- Departmental Committees
- Society of Physics Students
- Physics Graduate Students Council
- Undergraduate Women in Physics
- Graduate Women in Physics
- MIT Association of Postdoctoral Scholars
- Alumni & Friends
Pappalardo Fellow in Physics: 2014-2017
Name: Inti Sodemann
Title(s): Pappalardo Fellow in Physics
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Area of Physics
Hard Condensed Matter Theory
Inti Sodemann is interested in a broad range of topics in condensed matter physics, but particularly in the problems of interacting fermions in two-spatial dimensions. Quantum Hall phenomena are among those he finds exciting because of their colorful experimental manifestations and the robust theoretical pictures that often substantiate them. Inti's also interested in exploring the incarnations of quantum Hall physics in new regimes (in addition to that of strong magnetic fields), and in studying its realization in materials like graphene and topological insulators.
Inti is a condensed matter theorist currently working on the theory of fractional quantum Hall phases, graphene, Berry phase dependent transport phenomena, quantum Hall bilayers and spin superfluidity. He earned his Ph.D. at the University of Texas at Austin, working with Prof. Allan MacDonald. Prior to that, Inti completed his M.Sc. at the University of South Carolina with Prof. Yaroslaw B. Bazaliy. He did his undergraduate studies at the National University of Colombia in Bogota, working with Prof. Alonso Botero. Inti is originally from Monteria, Colombia.
- I. Sodemann and A. H. MacDonald, "Broken SU(4) Symmetry and The Fractional Quantum Hall Effect in Graphene", arXiv:1310.1642.
- I. Sodemann and A. H. MacDonald, "Landau Level Mixing and the Fractional Quantum Hall Effect", Phys. Rev. B 87, 245425 (2013).
- I. Sodemann and M. M. Fogler, "Interaction corrections to the polarization function of graphene", Phys. Rev. B 86, 115408 (2012).
- I. Sodemann, D. A. Pesin and A. H. MacDonald, "Interaction-enhanced coherence between two-dimensional Dirac layers", Phys. Rev. B 85, 195136 (2012).
Last updated on April 13, 2015 2:58 PM