- Faculty Directory
- Academic Staff Directory
- Administrative Staff Directory
- Pappalardo Fellows Directory
- Postdoctoral Scholars
- Departmental Committees
- Society of Physics Students
- Physics Graduate Students Council
- Undergraduate Women in Physics
- Graduate Women in Physics
- MIT Association of Postdoctoral Scholars
- Alumni & Friends
Pappalardo Fellow in Physics: 2013-2016
Name: Inna Vishik
Title(s): Pappalardo Fellow in Physics: 2013-2016
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Area of Physics:
Inna Vishik is interested in using spectroscopic and scattering techniques to study emergent phenomena in correlated electron systems. In her Ph.D., she studied low-energy excitations near possible quantum critical points in cuprate high-temperature superconductors. Inna plans to study ultrafast non-equilibrium dynamics and collective excitations in quantum materials using a variety of pump-probe techniques.
Inna Vishik is completing her Ph.D. in Applied Physics at Stanford University, working with Prof. Zhi-Xun Shen. Prior to that, she completed her M.S. in Materials Science and B.S. in Physics, also at Stanford University. Inna completed her undergraduate thesis with Prof. Martin Greven. She grew up in Austin, Texas.
- I. M. Vishik, M. Hashimoto, R.-H. He, W. S. Lee, F. Schmitt, D. H. Lu, R. G. Moore, C. Zhang, W. Meevasana, T. Sasagawa, S. Uchida, K. Fujita, S. Ishida, M. Ishikado, Y. Yoshida, H. Eisaki, Z. Hussain, T. P. Devereaux, and Z.-X. Shen, “Phase competition in trisected superconducting dome,” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 109 (45) 18332-18337 (2012).
- S. Johnston, I. M. Vishik, W. S. Lee, F. Schmitt, S. Uchida, K. Fujita, S. Ishida, N. Nagaosa, Z.-X. Shen, T. P. Devereaux, “Evidence for the Importance of Extended Coulomb Interactions and Forward Scattering in Cuprate Superconductors,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 166404 (2012).
- I. M. Vishik, W.-S. Lee, R.-H. He, M. Hashimoto, Z. Hussain, T. P. Devereaux, Z.-X. Shen, “ARPES studies of cuprate Fermiology: superconductivity, pseudogap and quasiparticle dynamics,” New Journal of Physics 12, 105008 (2010).
- I. M. Vishik, W. S. Lee, F. Schmitt, B. Moritz, T. Sasagawa, S. Uchida, K. Fujita, S. Ishida, C. Zhang, T. P. Devereaux, and Z. X. Shen, “Doping-Dependent Nodal Fermi Velocity of the High-Temperature Superconductor Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+δ Revealed Using High-Resolution Angle-Resolved Photoemission Spectroscopy," Phys. Rev. Lett. 104, 207002 (2010).
- I. M. Vishik, E. A. Nowadnick, W. S. Lee, Z. X. Shen, B. Moritz, T. P. Devereaux, K. Tanaka, T. Sasagawa, T. Fujii, “A momentum-dependent perspective on quasiparticle interference in Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+δ ,” Nature Physics 5, 718-721 (2009).
Last updated on November 4, 2013 11:35 AM