Policies & Procedures
- Emergency Information
- Departmental Policies
- Education Guidelines for Faculty and Teaching Staff
- Advice for New Faculty
- For Junior Faculty
- Course Website Policies
- Course Website Form
- Mentoring Policy
- Staff Rules & Policies
- Postdoctoral Information Guide
- Postdoctoral Performance Review Recommendations
- Harassment Policy
- Faculty Leave Request Form
- Fiscal Procedures
- Pappalardo Room Reservation Form
- Departmental Committees
- MIT Policies
- Rules and Regulations of the Faculty
- New Employee Orientation
- Center for Work, Family, and Personal Life
- Disability Services
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Employee Self-Service
- Harassment Policy
- HR-Payroll Service Center
- MIT Faculty Open-Access Policy for Scholarly Articles
- MIT Holidays
- MIT Mentoring Booklet
- MIT Postdoctoral Information Guide
- Organization for Employee Development
- Rewards and Recognition
- Training and Professional Development
- School of Science Policies
Course Web Site Policies
The Physics Academic Office offers course support for Professors and Lecturers.
Course Web Sites [Course Web Site Set-up Form]
Physics faculty have many options regarding course web sites.
- Physics will create your site and Physics will maintain it.
- Physics will create your site and you will maintain it.
- You will create your site and you will maintain it.
There are two types of course web site templates you can choose from:
The Departmental template is written soley in HTML whereas Stellar is a CMS (Content Management System), akin to blogging websites. The important difference between these is that Department Sites have no gradebook functionality. If you need a gradebook, regardless of which template your course uses, a Stellar site and gradebook will also be created.
Course Web Site Set-up Form
Physics Academic Programs Office has created a form, making it even easier to create a course site for your course. Once submitted, PAP's Course Administrator, Kimeee Heatley, will create your course site and contact you when it is completed. If more help is needed during the semester regarding site navigation or troubleshooting, please contact Kimeee Heatley.
From Creation to Maintenance
Once your course site has been completed and finalized, maintance will move to the Course Manager, Nancy Boyce, who will now handle the day to day postings, exam copying, room reserving, etc.