Subject: [alt.graphics.pixutils] WWW Graphics Page now UP
From: [email-masked] (Bryan Woodworth)
Date: 12 Jan 1995 02:25:53 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.archives

Archive-name: auto/alt.graphics.pixutils/WWW_Graphics_Page_now_UP

[Lastmod: 22.12.94 11:37:55] 
!!=new info

The WWW Graphics Page is now online via the World Wide Web!
URL:  http://www.best.com/~bryanw
             
[Even if you don't have a graphical front-end, you can still access 
the information.  Plain ASCII output (via the program LYNX) is 
available for those users using dial-up accounts (e.g. Netcom, a2i, 
Portal, CRL, and many more).  You may already have lynx installed 
online!  Enter "lynx" at the shell prompt.  If it doesn't exist, 
just ftp the source and compile it yourself.  See .signature at bottom of
message for details on obtaining the FAQ via ftp.best.com.]

!! If you're using a Unix dialup account and Microsoft Windows, now
!! you can experience the glory of the World Wide Web's great
!! interface without having to pay for a SLIP account or SLIP emulator!
!! Try SlipKnot today.. ftp://oak.oakland.edu/pub/win3/internet.  More
!! info available from the WWW Graphics page!

Information of the following variety awaits you:
 
  o The FAQ desk -- Graphics information
         
                    * Tom Lane's JPEG faq -- Obtaining viewers and
                      understanding the JPEG image format
                    * A link to the NCSA Mosaic FTP site, for those
                      looking for Mosaic, the famous WWW graphical
                      browser
                    * Jim Howard's alt.binaries.pictures FAQ -- Info
                      on how to decode pictures, posting, and much
                      more
                    * MPEG information:  Links to Frank Gadegast's
                      MPEG faq and MPEG homepage; The WWW Graphics 
                      Page's very own MPEG faq; The MPEG Standards
                      Homepage (info on MPEG standards, site for
                      MPEG movies, and more); and an MPEG movie 
                      archive
                    * A link to the massive Usenet FAQ pages at
                      Ohio State, an outstanding resource
                    * A link to Thomas Boutell's fantastic WWW faq!
                      In living WWW format!  (Also availble via FTP
                      from the WWW Graphics Page as a ZIPped Ascii file) 
                      Info on WWW browsers for all platforms (even Unix
                      dial-up), writing HTML documents, and more!
                      A  M U S T  R E A D  F O R  E V E R Y O N E 
                      
                 -- Internet Service FAQ pages
 
                    * The Internet Services FAQ
                    * FSP (alternative to FTP) FAQ
                    * Internet Gopher FAQ
 
                 -- Miscellaneous FAQs (selection subject to change)
 
                    * Howard Stern
                    * Unix X-Windows on Intel Architecture
                    * The MS-DOS Archives
                    * Playboy Enterprises (required reading!)
                    * The alt.supermodels FAQ!  Read on for juicy
                      info on your favourite supermodels.. 

  o Computer Support Areas -- Where to obtain programs of a graphical
                              nature for your architecture
                  
                    * Macintosh -- MPEG players, contact sheet 
                      makers, dl/gl/fli viewers, etc.
                    * IBM PC -- MPEG players, JPEG viewers,
                      a link to the Xing Technology FTP site,
                      and official QPEG support site for
                      North America (including the latest version
                      of QPEG, along with a link to Oliver Fromme's
                      homepage in Germany)                      
                      NOW DIVIDED INTO COGENT areas:  JPEG/GIF viewers,
                      MPEG viewers, contact sheet makers, AVI viewers,
                      and probably a few other juicy tidbits.
                    * Unix/X-Window -- MPEG source, movies; 
                      information on XAnim, a wonderful graphics
                      program by Mark Podlipec
 		    * The QuickTime Support Link.  A pointer to
 	              Robert A. Lentz's exquisite QuickTime information
 		      page, with info on flattening quicktimes and programs
 		      and utils for Macintosh, X Window, and Microsoft
 		      Windows.  A MUST see!!
                 !! * Archie link added!  Just click and voila, you
   	              have access to Archie.  (Some browsers may
  		      require an external telnet application;
  		      consult your documentation.)
                 !! * Winsock support area.  Link to the Winsock
                      Application FAQ.  In addition, the WWW Graphics
                      Page is now the official distribution site
                      in the USA for EWAN, the fantastic freeware telnet
                      program for Winsock!

  o The Tennis Center -- Information on my favorite game, tennis.
                         (I realize this is tangential, but.. so 
                         what!)   
 
                    * The rec.sport.tennis FAQ
                    * The Tennis Homepage (In Canada, with
                      links to another tennis homepage)
                    * Want to play tennis?  Email!

  o Favorite Links -- Other sites you should try, and IMMEDIATELY!
 
                 !! * The Yahoo Sever - a great link, equipped
		      with an easy-to-use subject search index
 		      for easy access to other links!  Find what
		      you want quickly and easily.
                 !! * The Multimedia Maddman's hOmeY page -- Graphics
		      Info and more!  Just try it! 
                    * Michel Buffa's Video Games Page (3DO, Atari
                      Jaguar, SNES, Sega, Gameboy, etc..)
                    * The UnOfficial Nine Inch Nails Homepage
                    * The Beastie Boys Homepage
                    * The Llama Mailserver (MPEG resource and more!)
                    * The alt.sex.movies Homepage
                    * The CDnow!  homepage -- ordering CDs via WWW
           	    * The Playboy Enterprises, Inc. homepage -- now
                      you can explore Playboy's catalog via WWW! 
 
                    * A section on graphics links.. including the
       	  	      very nice IAMfree area, your local WWW Art
                      Gallery!  

!! The material is presented in a refreshing format, just for YOU!  If 
!! you do not want this site to die, your feedback must be submitted via
!! email.  Do not let it go to waste!  The vitality of this site is up to
!! you alone..
 
The WWW Graphics Page.. your online WWW resource for Graphics 
Utilities!
 
Try it today!  URL: http://www.best.com/~bryanw

-- 
    Bryan Woodworth ([email-masked])  Try The WWW Graphics Page today!
                     URL: http://www.best.com/~bryanw
      Need a WWW browser?  FTP to ftp.best.com:/pub/bryanw/wwwfaq.zip
        Info on WWW browsers for all platforms -- even Unix dial-up