ABOUT | Political science at MIT
Engaging with the world.
We are committed to making a positive difference in the world. For more than half a century, we have educated outstanding young political scientists who pursue distinguished careers in academia, international affairs, policymaking, and politics. Our graduates are sought after for teaching and research positions at leading political science departments in the U.S. and abroad, including Harvard, Stanford, Yale, Berkeley, Duke, Chicago, Cornell, Tsinghua University, Chinese University of Hong Kong, London School of Economics, and Oxford. Our graduates also include leaders in government and non-governmental organizations, both in the United States and around the world.
Faculty members and graduate students use their knowledge to shape policy and practice. Our recent efforts include work with:
- American National Election Study
- Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences
- Center for Technology, Policy, and Industrial Development
- Council on Foreign Relations
- EU Electoral Observation Missions
- National Academy of Social Insurance
- National Asia Research Program
- National Committee on U.S. – China Relations
- National Research Council
- National Security Council
- Pew Center on the States