Advanced Study Program
The Advanced Study Program, a non-matriculating, non-degree program, is open to both individuals and MIT employees who meet these requirements:
- An undergraduate degree
- Minimum three years’ work experience
- The ability to thrive in a rigorous academic environment
- Any applicant formerly enrolled at MIT as a degree-oriented graduate student who has not subsequently obtained a degree must have the approval of the Office of the Dean for Graduate Education (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be considered for admission.
Application and All Supporting Materials Deadlines
|Spring 2014||January 1, 2014||November 1, 2013|
|Fall 2014||August 1, 2014||June 1, 2014|
|Spring 2015||January 1, 2015||November 1, 2014|
Note: Spring terms start in February and Fall terms start in September.
The admissions committee reviews applications on a rolling basis and usually makes decisions within two weeks of submission. Applications may be submitted up to nine months before the semester in which the student wishes to enroll.
Tuition and Fees
- $75.00 non-refundable application fee
- Full-time tuition of $24,120 (covering between 36-48 units/credits) for each semester for 2013-14
- For information on part-time tuition and housing expenses, visit Costs & Dates
- If you are accepted into the program, tuition is due upon receipt of your invoice.
How to Apply
Materials may be submitted online at email@example.com or addressed to:
MIT Professional Education
Attn: Advanced Study Program
77 Massachusetts Avenue, Building E48-401
Cambridge, MA 02142