Advanced Study Program
The Advanced Study Program, a non-matriculating, non-degree program, is open to both individuals and MIT employees who meet these requirements:
- An undergraduate degree
- Minimum three years’ work experience
- The ability to thrive in a rigorous academic environment
- Any applicant formerly enrolled at MIT as a degree-oriented graduate student who has not subsequently obtained a degree must have the approval of the office of the dean of the Graduate School to be considered for admission.
Application DeadlinesFall 2013
- August 1, 2013 - Domestic applicants
- June 1, 2013 - International applicants
- Jan 1, 2014 - Domestic applicants
- November 1, 2013 - International applicants
The admissions committee reviews applications on a rolling basis and usually makes decisions within two weeks of submission. Applications may be submitted up to nine months before the semester in which the student wishes to enroll.
Tuition and Fees
- $75.00 non-refundable application fee
- Full-time tuition of $24,120 (covering between 36-48 units/credits) for each semester for 2013-14
- For information on part-time tuition and housing expenses, visit Costs & Dates
- If you are accepted into the program, tuition is due upon receipt of your invoice.
How to Apply
Materials may be submitted online at firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed to:
MIT Professional Education
Attn: Advanced Study Program
77 Massachusetts Avenue, Building 35-433
Cambridge, MA 02139-4307