Advanced Study Program
Sustainability is important to MIT. In our globalized world of hyper-connectivity and endangered ecology, building sustainable enterprises is more critical than ever. Sustainable enterprises use innovation and advanced technology to build ventures that support long-term economic growth yet do so within a commitment to environmental and social concerns.
MIT's leading experts in science and technology offer the latest and most advanced expertise in process improvement, entrepreneurship, finance, organizational learning and social change to prepare students to build lean enterprises. Through the many courses that relate to sustainability, MIT is able to link sustainability to science, technology, process improvement, organizational learning, entrepreneurship, social change, and finance.
Course topics include: Energy, Environment, Leadership, Business, and more. Classes provide the technological know-how for entrepreneurs and business executives for the 21st century.
What is the Advanced Study Program
The Advanced Study Program (ASP) is a non-matriculating, non-degree program, that gives you access to MIT’s 2000 classes. ASP is flexible and allows you to focus on your areas of interest – sustainability, innovation, science and more– at your own pace either fulltime or part time. ASP is open to individuals who meet these requirements:
- An undergraduate degree
- Minimum three years’ work experience
- The ability to thrive in a rigorous academic environment
Opportunities include taking the following MIT Sloan sustainability courses (pending faculty approval):
- 15.913 Strategies for Sustainable Business (spring H1)
- 15.915 Sustainable Business Lab (S-Lab) (spring H2) (pre requisite is 15.913)
- 15.878 Capstone course in sustainability (spring H2)
Here are a few samples of courses from different content areas:
- 1.818J Sustainable Energy
- 11.379J Enabling an Energy-Efficient Society
- ESD.124 Energy Systems and Climate Change Mitigation
- ESD.166J Sustainable Energy Environment
- 15.S23 Leading profound Innovations for a more sustainable world (Otto Scharmer)
- 15.270 Ethical Practice: Leading through Professionalism, Social Responsibility, and System Design
- ESD.283 Humanitarian Logistics
- ESD.s43 Green Supply Chain Management
- 15.S02 Business Models for Scale & Sustainability in Global Health