The Progetto Rocca supports joint projects between MIT and Politecnico faculty through funding for exploratory travel, start up collaborations, doctoral and post-doctoral fellowships and small workshops to discuss research progress. Funding privilege younger scholars and innovative projects that involve two ways student exchanges.
In particular, the Progetto Rocca supports:
- Exploratory visits by MIT faculty to Politecnico to
discuss joint projects. These travel grants ($ 2,500) are meant
to lead to the collaborative initiatives discussed below. To
help advertising the Roberto Rocca Project at Politecnico, we ask
recipients to make themselves available for a meeting with Politecnico
faculty and students to discuss their research at MIT. Interested
faculty please submit one page application to Serenella Sferza
explaining the purpose of the trip and identifying their contacts
at the Politecnico. No Deadline.
- Seed funding for start- up collaborations between MIT and Politecnico faculty. Funding Ėup to $ 15,000max--is meant to help launch new collaborations in their exploratory phase, after which the PIís are expected to apply for outside funding. Deadline: September and rolling afterwards. Applications can be downloaded HERE
For more information about the Global Seed funds, go to http://web.mit.edu/misti/faculty/seed.html
- Funding for shared post-doctoral students from Politecnico. The
Roberto Rocca Post-Doc fellowships support two-year collaborative
research projects between MIT and Politecnico faculty who share
a post-doctoral student (a Politecnico graduate). This post-doc
must spend the first year at MIT and the second at Politecnico.
The Fellowship will cover the salary of the MIT stay and round
trip travel for a total of $ 42,500. In order to be eligible, the
participating Politecnico P.I. must assure support for the post-doctoral
year stay at Politecnico, as specified by the Roberto Rocca agreement. Proposals
must be signed by two Principal Investigators—one from MIT
and one from Politecnico. Funding is currently available for two R.
Rocca Post-Doc Fellowships per year—only one fellowship per
project. Deadlines: October 1st and May 1st.
- Workshop funding in forms and amounts to be
determined. Funding is meant to enable MIT-Politecnico teams
involved in joint projects supported by the Progetto Rocca to present
and discuss their progress. Deadlines: October 30th and May 30th.
Please send a short description indicating participants and budget to email@example.com.
- Research stays funds for MIT graduate students or advanced undergraduates to conduct research at Politecnico, and for Politecnico PhD students to come to MIT as visiting students. Priority will be given to students "hosted" by MIT and Politecnico faculty involved in collaborative projects. No deadline. For more details, please go to Rocca
For further information, please contact Dr. Serenella Sferza firstname.lastname@example.org,
back to top