The membership of the MIT Quarter Century Club consists of faculty and members of the academic, administrative, research, support, and service staffs who have served the Institute for 25 years.
All men and women of the Institute who have been employed 25 years by June 30 of each year are eligible for membership.
The Silver Club was founded in 1946 for women employees who had completed 25 years of service with the Institute. This Club included women from the faculty and all staffs. Activities were social in nature.
The Quarter Century Club was founded in 1950 by a group of men from among the hourly personnel who had completed 25 years of service with the Institute. The purpose of the Club was to provide an opportunity for the members to meet and socialize. In 1970, the Membership was expanded to include faculty and all staffs.
In 1974, the Clubs were merged into one Quarter Century Club for the entire Institute community.
Read the QCC by-laws