Information Technology Leadership Team
Work-In-Progress, as of August 15, 1995
Marilyn A. McMillan, Implementation Captain, I/T Transformation
The Information Technology Leadership Team is a new and ongoing team whose responsibilty is to plan and lead the transformation of MIT's information technology efforts into a new framework for accomplishing I/T work.
In the new framework, three dimensions support teams, which are at the center of the action, in achieving results:
Led by James D. Bruce, who is the Vice President for Information Systems, the I/T Leadership Team guides these three dimensions.
- developing I/T skills
- improving I/T work processes
- focusing I/T efforts on value for customers
I/T Leadership Team Background
- Leaders of computing practices focus on customers:
- Leaders of the five I/T processes focus on the I/T work:
- Leaders of I/T competency groups focus on skills.
- Marilyn McMillan, implementation captain for the I/T Transformation, is serving on the I/T Leadership Team during the transition to the new framework.