People Directory Updates for Faculty and Staff

Faculty and staff with MIT certificates installed on their computers can update personal directory information online using Employee Self Service (ESS). If you have trouble using ESS, the Computing Help Desk ( or 3-1101) can provide technical support. Alternatively, your local Telephone Directory Contact can make changes to directory information on your behalf.

To update your official name, please complete the name change notification form available on the Human Resources website. To update your position title, please contact your department's Administrative Officer.

If you are a Telephone Directory Contact who needs to update a listing on an employee's behalf, read this.

For other questions related to the People Directory, contact

Back to Directory Updates home page