Home » Classrooms
Classroom Rules of Use
By requesting access to one or more classrooms for an event
through the Schedules Office, all users agree to abide by the following rules.
- You are responsible for making any necessary arrangements for support
services (i.e., Audio/Visual Services, Facilities,
etc.) in advance of your event by contacting the appropriate office(s).
The Schedules Office will not coordinate logistics for your event.
- Classrooms may not be reserved for religious ceremonies, dramatic
performances, political events, or any event that requires the use of platforms,
scenery, and/or stage and additional lighting (see Equipment
- Food and beverages are not permitted in classroom space.
- If you rearrange the classroom for your event, return the furnishings
to the original setup before leaving. Chairs should be arranged in rows,
facing the front chalkboard. The Schedules Office reserves the right to
charge a maintenance fee for any classroom left in disarray after an event.
- If you borrow chairs from another classroom, return them to that classroom.
- Erase the chalkboards before leaving.
- Remove your trash. The Schedules Office reserves the right to charge
a fee for clean-up after an event.
- Leave the classroom unlocked when you leave.
- Bring a copy of your confirmation with you to your event.
- Adhere to the Equipment Policy.
Failure to comply with the above rules may jeopardize
your ability to reserve space through the Schedules Office in the future.
If you are locked out of your classroom...
- During normal business hours (9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through
Friday), contact the Schedules Office at (617) 253-4788.
- After 5:00 pm or on weekends, contact Facilities at
Be prepared to show your reservation confirmation when a staff member arrives
to unlock the classroom.
All groups must refrain from holding public showings of movies (free
or otherwise) and other copyrighted material without the proper permission
from the copyright holder. See MIT's copyright policy for more information.
Questions? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org,
or call (617) 253-4788.