A few completely random things about me:
Note: Much of this is sorta no longer applicable, as
it was first written in 1994. That said....
- Real Life (read: standard corporate life) sucks. I did manage to
land a Real (computer) Job once, but after that was in a totally
different field: gamedesign. Now ... I'm looking.
- Not all of life sucks. This I have learned recently: the universe
is far more (strange, cool, nasty, big) than I'd ever thought; all
that glitters is not gold (all that shines with light is not a real
source of light); the world is full of confusion; the light at the end
of the tunnel is real (I think). Cynicism is sometimes the first step
to learning to recognize where we are.
- My wrists hurt. Mice suck because they make the previous happen.
News as of 2002/2003: Myofascial Therapy seems to help me a LOT.
- Writing SUCKS (see my thoughts on being a writer).
- Physics as an occupation sucks. Physics degrees are useless, and the classes are heinous. (I will say that Junior Lab (3rd year physics lab) was fun, though).
- For all that I get sick of it, Perl is a cool language.
- Geek Code. Fun
for all geeks. This is me (old version):
GO(S, CS) d- -p+(-)
c++++ l u e++@ m++(-) s--/ n++(---) h---(+) f+ g+++ w++ t r+@ x? ...
Here's a newer version GO(GSS) d- s-: a C++ U P++ L E+ W++ N w tv-- (so
much of it no longer applies....)
- Psychologically, (Meyers-Briggs test) I am an INTJ, very rarely
an INTP, with a strong leaning toward being an INFJ. That means I'm
an Introverted, iNtuitive, Thinking, Judgmental, with a hint of
Perceiving and Feeling. Which means I'm an introverted (very), mostly
logical, thinking-type, who tends to come to decisions and act on them
(mostly, I flame via email). [Actually, since the late 1990's I think
I've switched to being an INFJ, due to some traumatic experiences.
Apparently times of great stress will alter MBTI types.]
- Very old stuff: I have written Inessential Bitmap for SIPB. I have also
made various graphics for the MIT SIPB Server. I [occasionally] do
WWW maintenance! I also [used to] semi-officially maintain the Office_Manual.
Is it a surprise that I am also a member of SIPB? (These days I have
not had time to do anything, though!)
- Anime and manga are great!! :-) [Note: as of 2003 I've been
pretty inactive with anime & manga, but you can still see my
fairly well-known manga and anime articles.]
- Photography would be cool if color film/developing weren't so
expensive. [See how old this is? 1994. Before the era of digital
cameras. Out of date! My favorite photographic toy at the turn of
the millennium was a digital camcorder :-p]
- Pet birds are cute. And loud.
- I hack, therefore I am. Hackito Ergo Sum! (See picture below)
- Mini-Maglites are my friend in tight, dirty, dusty, dark, asbestos-filled places. I don't want to know how many years off my life dirty Institute air has taken.
- I used to be an Assassins Guild person. I got better (after writing 3 games, that is).
- I used to be a 3Eer
(3rd East, East Campus), also known as Home of
James Tetazoo and the Coathanger, er, Chocolate Chip, er, Squanch (see
picture). It used to be a great hall....
- I used to play in cool roleplaying runs (Champions and
Rolemaster), but the cool GMs moved away (graduated). For a while
after graduation, I did play in one pretty cool roleplaying game
(Rolemaster). [Also old and out of date ... this is from the early 90's.]
- [As of 2002, I play way too much DAoC :-p]
- In Rolemaster, I once rolled under 35 seven times in a row on 2d10's... this is known as Bad Luck. I also did things like fail catastrophically on important rolls. When I Really Shouldn't Have, I rolled Really Well, dispelling an altar and getting a major deity really P*SSED. Why me? (<--- p*ss is one of
the bad words according to Congress)
- This space intentionally left blank.