Sangam is now getting ready for elections to next year's Sangam Executive Committee (SEC). The detials about the election process are as follows:
The elections will be supervised by former SEC members Dipanjan Sen and Vivek Jaiswal. All nominations and election process related enquiries must be directed to them. They can be reached at sangam-elections2008[at]mit[dot]edu.
The schedule for the entire election process is as follows:
Nominations close - Monday March 17th, 4 PM
Candidate speeches and Q&A - Monday March 17th, 6:30 PM at 4-144
Paper ballot voting - Monday March 17th,immediately after candidate speeches
Online voting begins - Monday March 17th, 11 PM - a notification will be sent on junta[at]mit[dot]edu once the online voting system is ready. The online voting site is here.
Online voting closes - Wednesday March 19th, 11:59 PM
Results declared - Thursday March 20th, 11:59 PM
Results announced within 24 hours after online voting ends.
Any student who will be registered at MIT for the academic year 2008-09 is eligible to contest the SEC elections.
Nominations for the election are now closed.
List of candidates and manifestoes
The positions and brief descriptions are as follows:
1. President: Calls and runs board meetings, takes final responsibility for all events and staying in compliance with MIT Regulations, and generally acts as the interface between Sangam and the broader MIT administration and community. Assists all other board members in their specific tasks.
2. Vice-President: Assists the President in his/her tasks, typically shares the lead with the President. Assists all other board members in their specific tasks.
3. Treasurer: Handles all financial matters, including reimbursements, applying for funds, prepares financial report at the end of an event.
4. Cultural Chair: Manages the stage show during Diwali Nite. Calls for, and organizes, the performances.
5. Publicity Chair: Responsible for the publicity of events, like Diwali Nite, Dhoom and other socials, organized by Sangam.
6. Sports Chair: Organizes sports activities, such as weekly Cricket games and badminton games.
7. Webmaster: Maintains Sangam's website and manages the mailing lists (junta, sangam-general, etc.)
8. Social Chair: Organizes social events like movie screenings, Pani Puri Socials etc.
9. India Business Club Execs: Organize business-related talks, workshops and run the annual Global Indus Technovators Awards(GITA).
A list of the current SEC members can be found here . You are also encouraged to talk to the current and former SEC members to learn more about SEC.
The first round of voting will be conducted immediately after the candidate speeches using paper ballots. Later the same day, online Voting will be possible through Sangam website. You may cast your vote using either of the two methods. For online voting one must have a valid MIT certificate installed on the computer.
The online voting form for the Sangam Executive Council Elections 2008 is here.
Sangam Executive Committee 2007-08
sangam at mit dot edu.
Site best viewed in Mozilla Firefox 1.0 and above.
© सन् 2004-05 संगम द्वारा सर्वाधिकार सुरक्षित