The Environment, Health, and Safety Management System
Working together to protect people and planet.
The following are integral components of the MIT
Environment, Health and Safety Management System (EHS-MS). The
EHS Management System provides a set of tools designed to ensure
a safe, healthy and environmentally sound workplace. To learn more
about your individual role and responsibilities, please visit https://ehs.mit.edu.
What can I do on the EHS tab?
- DLC Preference Settings: Change the DLC defaults for injury reporting, training reconciliation notification,
and inspection reporting and notification.
PI Space Registration
- Roomset: Create New and Roomset: Create/Change/Display: Register
spaces including sets of rooms that contain hazardous materials,
equipment, substances and emergency contacts to principal
investigators (PI) or supervisors.
View hazards definitions ..
Room: Create/Change/Display: Print out "Greencard" or
emergency contact information for each room and to update a
room's potential hazards.
View hazards definitions ..
Annual Chemical Reporting: Chemical Reporters
can update and submit annual chemical Reporting.
More information and guidance
Inspections and Audits
Documents and tracks department, laboratory, center or work area inspection
results and follow up. To monitor the status of each finding, select "Inspection
Task List" (DLC EHS Coordinators and Lead Contacts).
To report on progress of findings assigned to you, select "View
Findings Assigned to Me".
information, guidance and tools
Supervisor's Injury Report
Report an Injury: Supervisors or their designees need to submit a report on any injury taking place on MIT premises or
involving MIT employees in the performance of their work within 24 hours using this online form.
MIT Learning Center:
one-stop-shop to fulfill cross-institute training needs:
- My Profile: to complete EHS training by identifying EHS Training Needs.
(Note: also includes tabs for Students with requirements based on an academic subject,
and for people who are members of groups with requirements based on role,
job or other affiliations.)
- My Training: to enroll in classroom sessions and complete web-based required EHS courses.
If applicable, access other non-EHS recommended training.
View training history / status.
- EHS Training Tools (for those with EHS-MS roles): provides the ability to run EHS training reports,
maintain training group members, and upload course completion. And for EHS Reps, it links to other Training Resources
e.g. Lab Specific training materials, Training FAQ, etc.
- Training Reconciliation: the tool used by Training Reconcilers to review,
update and correct the list of people affiliated with their PI/Supervisors
in the EHS Training Needs
- Instructor and Training Admin: to check course session enrollment, print course rosters,
email individual or groups of trainees and other administrative functions.
- Source of easy to use standardized reporting for all EHS users: EHS Coordinators,
EHS Lead Contacts, EHS Office Staff, etc. Currently provides
information on Level II Inspections, and PI Space and Chemical Reporting information
in the MIT Data Warehouse. (Dashboard Reports)
EHS Office Only
- Links to system used by EHS Office to maintain inspections content and to prepare annual SARA report for submission to regulators.
SAPweb applications should be used in conjunction with a supported
EHS Web Resources