What can I do on the Purchasing tab?
- Create requisitions for eCAT3 vendors
- Create requisitions for non eCAT3 vendors (external vendors)
- Create requisitions for internal providers (e.g. CopyTech, AV Services, Sodexho Catering)
- Request reimbursements
- Request payments when a PO or MIT Procurement Card can't be used
- Copy an existing RFP to start a new RFP
- Set preferences for your own reimbursements, including travel expenses
- Display/search for requisitions, purchase orders, and RFPs
- Request closing of NB, GR and BL purchase orders
Requests for Payment (RFPs)
For Requests for Payment, choose:
Reimbursement when reimbursing students or employees for out of pocket expenses, such as
office supplies, monthly telephone expenses, business meetings, memberships, dues, subscriptions, etc.
Payment when paying external vendors for taxable services, such as honoraria,
speaker's fees, or when paying non-employees for awards, etc.
For more information visit the Accounts Payable website
and look for RFP.
Go to the Inboxes tab if you are a requisition approver, want to find your own rejected requisitions, or to find RFPs which have been sent to you or you have saved.
Reimbursement Preferences: Use this link to enter or change the payment method MIT uses to reimburse you
for MIT expenses you've paid out of your own pocket, including travel expenses. You have the option to choose direct deposit
to the same – or a different – bank account as your payroll direct deposit. Alternatively, you may choose
reimbursement by check – when doing so, please make sure to indicate whether you want your checks mailed to your home or
For more information visit the Accounts Payable website or contact Accounts Payable at 617-253-2750 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concur Travel Expense for reporting travel expenses.
For more information visit MIT Travel Office