Contact us

Card Services

Replacement Cards

Lost or Damaged Cards

If your MIT Card is lost or damaged, contact the MIT Card Office immediately. To get a replacement card, please stop by the office during regular business hours. Replacement cards cost $25/card and you must pay by check or cash.

Stolen Cards

If your ID card is stolen, first file a report with the MIT Police. Then bring the police report to Card Services to receive a replacement card and we will waive the $25 replacement fee.

Expired Cards

If your MIT ID expires, you will need to renew it right away or it will become inactive. Here's how:

  • Students, Employees, Alumni, and Retirees—Stop by our office during regular business hours.
  • Visitors Sponsored by a DLC—Contact the DLC administrator and request that they renew your card.
  • Spouses and Partners—The MIT student, employee, alumnus, or retiree who is requesting a renewal for a spouse/partner ID must first make sure their card is valid. As long as their ID card is valid, they may request a new spouse/partner card using the the Spouses/Partners form. Once they have received the email from Card Services stating that the new card is ready, the spouse/partner can bring the expired spouse/partner ID card in to get the renewal. There is a $25 fee for spouses/partners who live off campus.
  • Visiting Students—Check with the International Student Office to see if you are eligible for renewal.

Protecting Your Identity

Follow these safety tips:

  • Do not give or loan your card to anyone for any reason
  • Do not leave your card as collateral
  • If you lose your card, report it to our office immediately; do not assume that you have misplaced it—we can always reactivate your ID if you find it later.

Additional Resources

Contact Info

MIT Card Services

40 Ames Street
Building E17-106


Hours: Mon–Fri 8AM–6PM

MIT Department of Facilities | Card Services

77 Massachusetts Avenue, Building E17-106, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139

Questions or comments about our site?