Contact us


Frequently Asked Questions


The door at my residence hall is not functioning properly, who do I contact?

Contact your house manager.

An alarm is sounding and no one seems to be responding to it, who do I contact?

Call the MIT Police department immediately by dialing 100 from any MIT phone or 617-253-1212.


I need a replacement key for my desk/file cabinet. What do I do?

Visit and click on "Replacement Keys."

Do I need to get approval before I submit a key order?

Yes. All key order requests must be approved and submitted by a Key Authorizer for your DLC.

How do I know when the keys are ready?

The Key Authorizer in your DLC will receive an email from the Office of Security Operations notifying him/her when the keys are ready. If you were not included in the email notification, your Key Authorizer will then notify you that you that you can now go to the Customer Service Center to pick them up.

Where do I go to pick up the keys?

The Customer Service Center in Room 7-019, weekdays, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

What do I need to bring when I pick up the keys?

Bring a valid MIT ID card and either the name of the Key Authorizer who submitted your order or the Request Tracker number.

What do I do with the keys when I no longer need them?

Go to "Service Requests" in Atlas. Click on "Create Request", then "Keys". Once you submit the form your DLC’s key authorizer will be notified. Return your keys to your key authorizer.


How do I get a lock repaired?

To have a lock repaired, go to the Go to "Service Requests" in Atlas. Under the Repairs heading click on Buildings. Please note: Do NOT click on Locks under Special Services because this link is for installations, not repairs.

Additional Resources

Contact Info

Office of Security Operations

Building N52-419

MIT Department of Facilities | Office of Security Operations

77 Massachusetts Avenue, Building N52-419, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139

Questions or comments about our site?