Order Keys Here
Whether you need to order keys for a new employee, replace a lost or damaged key, or simply return keys, this is where to get started. The SEMO staff provides keys to the MIT community at no cost, with the exception of certain bulk key orders. To get started, choose from the options below.
- Fill out a Key Request Form.
- Save the form as a PDF.
- Email the form to the designated Key Authorizer in your DLC.
- After your Key Authorizer notifies you that your request was approved, visit the Customer Service Center in Building 7-019 during regular business hours.
- Go to the Key Request Form:
- Click on the blue tab Return & Transfers. After the screen shot appears, type, "RET" in the appropriate field. Add NAME X and MIT ID #.
- If the keys are being transferred within a department, type "RET from NAME X; ISS to NAME Y. Type "This request is for record keeping purposes only".
- Print the form and put it in an envelope along with the key.
- Return the envelope with the form and key to either a designated Key Authorizer in your DLC or the Customer Service Center located in Building 7-019 during regular business hours.