MIT Student Financial Services Bills


If you are expecting a third party to pay your tuition and other fees, you need to make special arrangements with us to bill this sponsor. We call this sponsored billing. Examples include:

  • A U.S. or foreign company
  • A prepaid college plan
  • A U.S. government department or agency (except the U.S. Department of Education)
  • A foreign embassy

MIT SFS will send an electronic invoice to your sponsoring organization. Please make sure the company contact’s email is displayed prominently on all Contracts.

Sloan Students: If you will be attending the Sloan School and you have a sponsorship that requires an invoice for payment of your tuition and other fees, please contact Joshua DeMaio at, 617-324-7280.

Your responsibilities

As a sponsored student, you have four responsibilities:

  • Contact us during the summer before the academic year to let us know you’re a sponsored student.
  • Make sure we have a completed contract from your sponsor on file (see below).
  • Provide your sponsor with the correct SFS contact information.
  • Pay any charges not covered by your sponsor on time, or else be responsible for the late payment penalty of 1.5 % per month on the past due balance.

The contract

We must have a contract, in English, from your sponsor on file. Your sponsor may use the following as a guide:

[Company Letterhead]

To Whom it May Concern:

This is to advise that [Student Name], [MIT ID#] is being sponsored by [Company/Organization] to pursue a degree in [Department].

[Company Name] will provide financial assistance which will cover [Tuition, Health Insurance, Student Life Fee, etc].

This sponsorship will be good for [Duration of Time; Academic Year; Degree Conferred].

Please remit all invoices directly to:

[E-mail address of Sponsor], [contact person] and [phone number]

Please send the invoices to the attention of:

[Contact Name]

[Contact Phone]

When paying invoices sponsors can make payment to MIT in 1 of 2 different ways:

When Paying by Check

All checks must be in U.S. dollars only. No foreign currency will be accepted. Checks are to be made payable to MIT. All checks should contain the studentís full name and MIT student id number. Mail checks to:

77 Massachusetts Ave.
Building 11 Room 120
Cambridge MA. 02139
Attn : David Andre

When Paying by Wire

Wire payments must be sent to Bank of America and should include the studentís full name and student id number.

Domestic Wire Transfers and International Sponsored Payments

All wire transfers must be made in U.S. dollars. Wire transfer advice must include:

  • Wire Payment ABA Routing#: 026 009 593
  • DDA Account #004632424694 (MIT Incoming Wire)
  • Student's full name
  • Student's MIT ID
  • Student's home country address

Direct wire transfers to:

Bank of America NA
100 Federal Street
Boston, MA 02110

Contacting SFS

If you have a sponsor, please make the necessary arrangements during the summer before the academic year, or as soon as possible prior to the beginning of each term. All correspondence, contracts, military forms, tuition assistance forms and payment vouchers from sponsors should be sent directly to:

David Andre
Assistant Director for Student Account Billing
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Ave., Room 11-120
Cambridge, MA 02139
Phone: 617-258-5613
Fax: 617-258-0700

Log on to pay bills

Students (via WebSIS)

Parents and authorized payers

Need help using MITPAY?
Download "Viewing and Paying Your MIT Bill"