1. To promote the advancement of Hispanic engineers and scientists in education and in future employment.
2. To improve the retention and enrollment of Hispanic students in engineering and science.
3. To develop and participate in programs with the university and industry which benefit students seeking technical and science degrees.
4. To provide a forum for the exchange of information pertinent to the development of future Hispanic professionals.
5. To develop opportunities in the local Hispanic community.