- Analysis and modeling of tribo-systems
- Engine component dynamics, lubricant transport, lubrication, friction, and oil consumption
- Lubrication of mechanical face seals
B.S. 1985, M.S. 1988, Peking University
Ph.D., 1997 MIT.
- Development and application of analytical tools for power cylinder systems; sponsored by the Consortium on lubrication in IC engines
- Modeling and design of mechanical face seals
- Analysis and design of Formula-One engine piston system
- Friction reduction in Natural Gas Engines
- Mechanisms of piston carbon deposit formation in heavy duty diesel engines
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of 2001 Society of Automotive Engineers Award for Research on Automotive Lubricants
- Recipient of 1994 Society of Automotive Engineers Arch T. Colwell Merit Award.