Africa Business Club at MIT Sloan
Investing in a new beginning
The Africa Business Club is the student body club responsible for African intersts at the MIT Sloan School of Management, and is one of several Africa-interest groups across MIT. Our mission is to facilitate the application of world class innovation to the continent's biggest challenges through the sharing of ideas, creation of relationships, and promotion of African innovation. We also serve to increase awareness of MIT in Africa, and to assist prospective students interested in applying to MIT and MIT Sloan.
Africa Business Club General Objectives
- Showcase the countless business opportunities that exist in Africa.
- Profile current business leaders shaping Africa's future.
- Create greater exposure for entrepreneurs focusd on Africa.
- Facilitate the bridging of the various Africa-focused groups at MIT
- Assist prospective MIT Sloan MBAs with the application process.
Africa Business Club 2013/14 Activities
- 4th Annual MIT Sloan Africa Conference: "What's Your Big Idea?"
- The Africa Innovate Business Plan Competition
- Spring 2014 Africa Study Tour
- Sloan Africa Speaker Series
- Sloan Diversity C-Function.