Africa Business Club at MIT Sloan
Investing in a new beginning
Our mission is to enlighten the MBA community of Africa’s future promise while encouraging their investment in Africa's consumer, agricultural, natural-resource, and infrastructure sectors. As a club, we strive to increase local awareness of MIT in Africa and to act as a resource to prospective students interested in attaining graduate business degrees from MIT Sloan. Finally, we aim to act as a catalyst in uniting all MIT Sloan alumni who are on the continent and/or of African descent.
Africa Business Club 2010 Objectives
- Showcase the countless business opportunities that exist in Africa.
- Profile current business leaders shaping Africa's future.
- Profile entrepreneurs with innovative ideas for Africa.
- Assist in recruiting MIT Sloan MBAs for African companies or offices.
Africa Business Club 2010 Activities
- Inaugural MIT Sloan Africa Conference.
- Bi-monthly speaker series.
- Spring 2011 South Africa Trek.
- ABC to Africa - "Runway to Sloan".