The 2nd Management Committee of SMAAC was elected in 4th May 2002. After the election, the committee set off to work immediately.
The first major activity organised by the committee was the Annual Gathering. It was held in September 2002 after the students returned from MIT, USA. This Annual Gathering was different from the previous ones that we had. The committee put in a lot of effort to organise a 2-day 1-night camp in Sentosa to bring together the alumni and students. Despite the additional logistical effort, the committee worked well together to ensure the smooth running of the camp. Overall, we received positive feedback from the participants.
The other major activity that the committee organised was the Annual Bowling Competition. The competition was organised together with the Annual General Meeting. The club was able to provide full subsidy for our members who attended both the AGM and the bowling competition.
Other than these two activities, the club designed our very own SMAAC T-shirt. The objective is to establish an identity among our members during our activities and events. We presented a T-shirt to our club’s Honorary Member and Co-Director of SMA, Professor Anthony Patera. Another T-shirt was presented to MIT Dean of Engineering, Professor Thomas Magnanti. Both T-shirts were presented during our Annual Dinner with the MIT faculties at East Coast Park.
In January 2003, the club published its 3rd issue of NEWSMAKER. Other than the reports of our activities, we also received two articles from our alumni, who wrote about their experiences in USA and UK.
In conclusion, the committee is grateful for the help that we received from the pool of dedicated members, who contributed selflessly to the club for several years and helped in many of the club’s activities. I would also like to thank my team of dedicated committee members.
Tee Chin Wee
2nd Management Committee
The SMA Alumni Club will be holding its Annual General Meeting 2003 soon. The details are as follows:
Date: 26 April 2003 (Saturday)
Time: 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Passing of AGM 2002 Minutes.
- Summary of Activities by President.
- Financial Statement by Treasurer.
- Life membership for coming recruitment year.
- Elections for the 3rd SMAAC Management Committee.
The AGM will be followed by a bowling competition organised by the SMAAC. The details for the event are as follows:
Venue: Cathay Bowl near Jurong MRT
Time: 5:30pm to 8:30pm
- SMAAC Ordinary and Associate members who register and attend the AGM will be eligible to participate in the bowling competition for FREE.
- Those who do not will have to pay S$7 (2 games + rental of shoes).
- There will be 2 awards for this event:
- Team award – Highest total combined points of all 3 team members over 2 games will win the team award.
- Individual award – Highest point total among individual bowlers over 2 games will win the best bowler award.