1, CREATE WAY
#04-13/14 Enterprise Wing and #B-101
- 2005- Associate Professor, Division of Thermal and Fluid Engineering, School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- 2001-2005 Assistant Professor, Division of Thermal and Fluid Engineering, School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- 1999-2000 Research Fellow at Nanyang Technological University Singapore
- 1999-1999 Visiting Professor at Ho-Chi-Minh City University for Foreign Language and Information Technology (HUFLIT)
- 1998-1999 Post-Doctoral Research Engineer at Berkeley Sensor & Actuator Center
- 1993-1997 Technical University of Chemnitz-Zwickau (Research assistant)
- 1996-1996 University of Twente, MESA Research Institute (Netherlands) (Guest researcher with Prof. Fluitman, Prof. Elwenspoek and Dr. Lammerink)
- 1992-1993 Robert Bosch GmbH (K8/ESE1, Department for Sensor Develop-ment, Reutlingen) (Student researcher)
- 1991 -1992 Robert Bosch GmbH (IA3/EMR, Department for Robot and Automatically Assembling Cells)
- 2009, ranks 975th out of 6462 Most Cited Scientists in Engineering in ISI Essential Science Indicators
- 2009, First Runner up, Inaugural ProSPER.Net-Scopus Young Scientist Awards in Sustainable Development 2009
- 2008, Runner up, 1st Annual ASAIHL-Scopus Young Scientist Awards 2008
Selected peer-reviewed publications
- W.T. Fung, A. Beyzavi, P. Abgrall, N.T. Nguyen, H. Y. Li , 2009, Microfluidic platform for controlling the differentiation of embryoid body, Lab on a Chip, Vol. 9, 2591-2595.
- C.L. Song, N.T. Nguyen, S. H., Tan, A. Asundi, 2009, Modelling and optimization of micro optofluidic lenses, Lab on a Chip, Vol. 9, No. 9, pp. 1178–1184.
- Y. Sun, N.T. Nguyen, Y.C. Kwok, 2008, High-Throughput Polymerase Chain Reaction in Parallel Circular Loops Using Magnetic Actuation, Analytical Chemistry, Vol. 80, No. 15, pp. 6127-6130.
- S. Y. Tan, W. K. Loke, Y. T. Tan, N.T. Nguyen, 2008, A Lab on a Chip for Detection of Nerve Agent Sarin in Blood, Lab on a Chip, Vol. 8, pp. 885-891.
- N. T. Nguyen, T. H. Ting, Y. F. Yap, T. N. Wong, J. C. K. Chai, W. L. Ong, J. L. Zhou, S. H. Tan, and L. Yobas, 2007, Thermally Mediated Droplet Formation in Microchannels, Applied Physics Letter, Vol. 91, No.8, pp. 084102.
- Y. Sun, Y. C. Kwok, N. T. Nguyen, 2007, A Circular Ferrofluid Driven Microchip for Rapid Polymerase Chain Reaction, Lab on a Chip , Vol. 7, No. 8, pp. 1012-1017.
- Abgrall P., Low L.N., N.T. Nguyen, 2007, Fabrication of Planar Nanofluidic Channels in a Thermoplastic by Hot-Embossing and Thermal Bonding, Lab on a Chip, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 520-522.