Ng Chee Ping
- Ph.D in Chemical and Biological Engineering, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA
- M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA
- B.ChE (cum laude) with Minor in Chemistry, University Of Minnesota-Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Research Scientist, BioSyM IRG, Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology center, Singapore (2010-present)
- Research Scientist, Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, Singapore (2008-2010)
- Senior Fellow, Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA (2005-2008)
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Chemical Engineering, Northwestern University (1999-2002)
- Undergraduate Research Assistant, Biological Process Technology Institute, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN, USA (1998-1999)
Selected peer-reviewed publications (journal papers)
- Chee Ping Ng (SMART), Daniel E. Heath (SMART), Sharif Mohamed (SMART), Xinyan Liu (NUS), Mary B. Chan (NTU), Paula T. Hammond (SMART/MIT), Linda G. Griffith (MIT/SMART), "Novel microwell colony forming unit (CFU) assays for bone marrow stromal cells", Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) Meeting, Atlanta, GA, Oct-2012
- Daniel E. Heath (SMART), Chee Ping Ng (SMART), Sharif Mohamed (SMART), Xinyan Liu (NUS), Paula T. Hammond (MIT/SMART), Linda G. Griffith (MIT/SMART), Mary B. Chan (NTU), "Hydrogel microwell arrays for the isolation, culture, and analysis of rare cell populations", Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) Meeting, Atlanta, GA, Oct-2012
- C.P. Ng, T.T. Goodman, I.K. Park, and S.H. Pun. “Bio-mimetic surface engineering of plasmid-loaded nanoparticles for active intracellular trafficking by actin "comet tail" motility.” Biomat 30: 951-8, 2009.
- T.T. Goodman, C.P. Ng, and S.H. Pun. “3-dimensional in vitro culture systems for the optimization of nanoparticle-based drug carriers.” Bioconjug. Chem. 19: 1951-9, 2008.
- C.P.Ng, and S.H. Pun. “A perfusable 3D cell-matrix tissue culture chamber for in situ evaluation of nanoparticle vehicle penetration and transport.” Bioeng. Biotechnol. 99(6):1490-501, 2008.
- J.M. Saul, C.H.K. Wang, C.P. Ng, and S. H. Pun. “Multilayer nanocomplexes of polymer and DNA exhibit enhanced gene delivery.” Adv. Mater. 20:19-25, 2008.
- I.K. Park, C.P. Ng, J.N. Wang, B.C. Chu, C. Yuan, S.R. Zhang, and S.H. Pun. “Determination of nanoparticle vehicle unpackaging by MR imaging of a T-2 magnetic relaxation switch.” Biomat. 29: 724-32, 2008.
- C.P. Ng, and M.A. Swartz. “Mechanisms of interstitial flow-induced remodeling of fibroblast-collagen cultures.” Ann. Biomed. Eng. 34: 446-54, 2006.
- C.P. Ng, B. Hinz and M.A. Swartz. “Interstitial fluid flow induces myofibroblast differentiation and collagen alignment in vitro.” J. Cell Sci. 118:4731-9, 2005.
- C.P. Ng, C. Helm, and M.A. Swartz. “Interstitial flow differentially stimulates blood and lymphatic endothelial cell morphogenesis in vitro.” Microvasc. Res. 68: 258-64, 2004.
- C.P. Ng, and M.A. Swartz. “Fibroblast alignment under interstitial fluid flow using a novel 3-D tissue culture model.” Am. J. Physiol. 284:H1771-7, 2003.
- O.K. Lyngberg, C.P. Ng, V Thiagarajan, L.E. Scriven, M.C. Flickinger. “Engineering the microstructure and permeability of thin multilayer latex biocatalytic coatings containing E-coli.” Biotechnol. Prog. 17(6):1169-79, 2001.