1, CREATE WAY
#04-13/14 Enterprise Wing and #B-101
Chao Yu Peter CHEN
Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, NUS
- 1989-1989 Project Engineer, Automation Tooling Systems, Inc. (ATS)
- 1990-1990 Systems Engineer, Philips (Singapore) Private Limited
- 1994-1997 Research Associate, University of Toronto
- 1995-1997 Founder & Project Manager, Henyco Mechatronic Systems Inc.
- 1997-2000 Singapore Research Fellow, Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology
- 2000-2006 Assistant Professor, Bachelor of Technology Programme, NUS
- 2006-2012 Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, NUS
- 2012- Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, NUS
- Current research interests focus on two main areas: (1) force control for micro/bio-manipulation in the context of mechanosensing and mechanotransduction, and (2) modeling and control of biological networks. The objective of research in the first area is to develop new force-control techniques that enable accurate application of dynamical forces to manipulate cellular and molecular behaviour, while the objective of research in the second area is to develop analytical and computational models of, and control-synthesis techniques for, genetic regulatory networks.
Selected peer-reviewed publications
Current research support
- SMART BioSyM IRG, Manipulation of Stiffness Gradients in Extracellular Microenvironment through Stochastic Control of Magnetic-Particle Ensemble