1, CREATE WAY
#04-13/14 Enterprise Wing and #B-101
- 2011- Associate professor of Chemistry, National University of Singapore
- 2005-2010 Assistant professor of Chemistry, National University of Singapore
- 2002-2005 Postdoctoral associate, Polymer Institute, UC Santa Barbara
- 2001-2002 Postdoctoral associate, Dept. of Chemistry, Stanford University
- 1998-2001 Research assistant, Dept. of Chemistry, UC Berkeley
- Young Scientist Award 2008 , Faculty of Science, NUS
Major Research Interest
- Our primary research interest is novel nanocomposite materials and their linear and nonlinear optical properties as well as their applications in imaging, sensing, biomedicine and energy areas. Our research spans a broad range from materials preparation, fundamental understanding and practical applications.
Selected peer-reviewed publications
- X.Q. Shen, L. Li, H. Wu, S. Q. Yao, and Q.-H. Xu , "Photosensitizer-Doped Conjugated Polymer Nanoparticles for Simultaneous Two-photon Imaging and Two-photon Photodynamic Therapy in Living Cells", Nanoscale, 2011, 3 (12), 5140.
- C.F. Jiang, Z.P. Guan, S.Y.R. Lim, L. Polavarapu, Q.-H. Xu, "Two-Photon Ratiometric Sensing of Hg2+ by Using Cysteine Functionalized Ag Nanoparticles", Nanoscale, 2011, 3, 3316.
- M. D. Regulacio, C. Ye, S.H. Lim, M. Bosman, L. Polavarapu, Q.-H. Xu, M.-Y. Han, "One-Pot Synthesis of Cu1.94S-CdS and Cu1.94S-ZnxCd1-xS Nanodisk Heterostructures", J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2011, 133 (7), 2052-2055.
- Z.P. Guan, L. Polavarapu, Q.-H. Xu,"Enhanced Two-photon Emission in Coupled Metal Nanoparticles Induced by Conjugated Polymers", Langmuir, 2010, 26 (23), 18020-18023.
- T.T. Zhao, H. Wu, S.Q. Yao, Q.-H. Xu, and G.Q. Xu, "Nanocomposites Containing Gold Nanorods and Porphyrin Doped Mesoporous Silica with Dual Capability of Two-photon Imaging and Photodynamic Therapy", Langmuir, 2010, 26(18), 14937-14942.
- X.S. Ren and Q.-H. Xu, "Label Free DNA Sequence Detection with Enhanced Sensitivity and Selectivity using Cationic Conjugated Polymers and PicoGreen", Langmuir, 2009, 25(1), 43-47.
- L. Polavarapu, M. Manna and Q.-H. Xu, "Biocompatible Glutathione Capped Gold Clusters as One- and Two-photon Excitation Fluorescence Contrast Agents for Live Cells Imaging", Nanoscale, 2011, 3 (2), 429 - 434
- L. Polavarapu and Q.-H. Xu, "Water Soluble Conjugated Polymers Induced Self-Assembly of Gold Nanoparticles and Its Application to SERS", Langmuir, 2008, 24, 10608.
- Tian N, Xu Q-H, Enhanced Two-Photon Excitation Fluorescence by Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer Using Conjugated Polymers. Adv. Mater. 2007; 19:1988-1991
- Cheng D, Xu Q-H, Separation Distance Dependent Fluorescence Enhancement of Fluorescein Isothiocyanate by Silver Nanoparticles, Chem. Commun., 2007, 248-250
Current research support
- DSTA (PI) Metal Nanoparticles and Their Nonlinear Properties (2010-13)
- A*Star-BMRC (Co-PI) Rational design of Plasmon-engineered up-conversion fluorescent nanomaterials for enhanced imaging and light triggered biomodal therapy of cancer (2011-14)
- NRF (co-PI) Tailoring Oxide Electronics by Atomic Control (2009-14)