1, CREATE WAY
#04-13/14 Enterprise Wing and #B-101
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, US, 2009
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Tsinghua University, China, 2006
- B. Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Tsinghua University, China, 2003
- 2009-Present, Postdoctoral Associate, BioSym IRG, SMART Centre
- 2006-2009, Research Assistant, Research Laboratory of Electronics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2003-2006, Research Assistant, High Voltage Laboratory, Tsinghua Univeristy
Honors / Awards / Recognition
- Best Master's Degree Thesis of Tsinghua University 2006
- Outstanding Master Graduate 2006 in Tsinghua University
Selected peer-reviewed publications (journal papers)
- B. Zhang and G. Barbastathis, “Dielectric metamaterial magnifier creating a virtual color image with subwavelength information,” Opt. Express, vol. 18, pp. 11216-11222, May 2010.
- B. Zhang, T. Chan and B.-I. Wu, “Lateral shift makes ground-plane cloak detectable,” Phys. Rev. Lett., vol. 104, 233903, Jun. 2010.
- B. Zhang and B.-I. Wu, “Electromagnetic detection of a perfect invisibility cloak,” Phys. Rev. Lett., vol. 103, 243901, Dec. 2009.
- B. Zhang, B.-I. Wu and H. Chen, "Optical delay of a signal through a dispersive invisibility cloak", Opt. Express 17, 6721-6726, Apr. 2009.
- B. Zhang, H. Chen and B.-I. Wu, "Limitations of high-order transformation and incident angle on simplified invisibility cloaks", Opt. Express 16, 14655-14660, Sep. 2008.
- B. Zhang, H. Chen, B.-I. Wu and J. A. Kong, “Rainbow and blue-shift effect of a dispersive spherical invisibility cloak impinged on by a nonmonochromatic plane wave,” Phys. Rev. Lett., vol. 101, 063902, Aug. 2008.
- B. Zhang, H. Chen, B.-I. Wu and J. A. Kong, “Extraordinary surface voltage effect in the invisibility cloak with an active device inside,” Phys. Rev. Lett., vol. 100, 063904, Feb. 2008.
- B. Zhang, H. Chen, B.-I. Wu, Y. Luo, L. Ran and J. A. Kong, "Response of a cylindrical invisibility cloak to electromagnetic waves", Phys. Rev. B 76, 121101(R), Sep. 2007.