Project 5 - "Steering"
Objective: To use your experience so far to build a robust,
general-purpose lego vehicle.
Build a vehicle that will be your "general-purpose robot" for the
first few programming projects. It should be able to:
In addition, you should be happy with this robot. It should run
smoothly and reliably, so you don't have to worry about it while doing
the first few programming/control projects.
- drive and steer
- carry the controller board in a safe but easily-removed way
- survive at least a waist-high drop test (do the test WITHOUT the
controller board, please)
- have plenty of space for later add-ons, sensors, etc...
For a further challenge...:
- Make the vehicle able to drive right-side-up and upside-down.
- Build a transmission (manual is ok) into the vehicle to allow
it to be easily switched between geardowns for different projects.