Chemistry and Chemistry Related Science
Sites and Links
If you know of some links or a site that you feel
should be included here please send us
some email here.
We're always looking to improve our site, so thanks for the help.
Links for specific instruments can be found on these pages:[NMR][Mass Spectrometry][EPR][FTIR] [Polarimetry]
[Worldwide Chemistry Departments][Misc. Chemistry Sites] [MSDS
and Lab Safety]
[Professional Organizations] [Journals]
[U.S. Government Sites]
[Other Resource Pages]
Academic Chemistry Departments:
- Name-Reaction provides clear and concise reaction schematics and mechanisms for tons of reactions. Great site for organic chemistry students.
- WolframAlpha has a great collection of calculators and resources for chemistry and many other fields.
- An integrated overview of organic chemistry
Looking for a specific reaction? Be sure to visit their "Named
- The RSC's website has a really nice interactive Periodic Table, great for both students and working chemists.
- Another good Periodic
Table... this one from Los Alamos National Labs.
- This site has good explanations and tons of practice problems for gen. chem. subjects like stoichiometry and bonding- great for beginning chemists!
Repository at UTK/ORNL Netlib
is a collection of mathematical software, papers, and databases.
- A great general educational resource
can be found at AllRefer.com
- Also checkout the AllRefer.com Reference site
- Hitran High-resolution
Transmission molecular absorption database maintained by the Air Force
Cambridge Research Laboratories (AFCRL)
- Chemspy.com Find chemistry and chemical engineering related terms,
definitions, synonyms, acronyms and abbreviations. Also search forms
for finding MSDS/safety data, scientific publications in over 20.000
different journals, physical data of chemical compounds, worldwide
patents, spectral data and more.
- Chemistry Explained has many introductory-level articles on chemistry concepts, chemicals, and chemists. Great for students!
Table of the Elements The WebElements Homepage. A great site
which includes information about the electronic, nuclear, and physical
properties for each element.
Chemical MIME Homepage Quote: "This page provides a
concise entry point for various information sources relating to chemical
MIME (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension)."
Wired Chemist" A collection of chemistry resources.
- This Organic Chemistry Glossary has a thorough listing of chemistry terms
- An interesting article about the chemistry behind cleaning.
- For more discussions of chemistry in daily life, check out these sites: the chemistry of cleaning and cleaners , the chemistry of cooking and baking, the chemistry of laundry, the chemistry of adhesives (like glue or tape) and antifreeze.
- Kids and teachers looking for science activities or experiments can check out these pages.
MSDS and Lab Safety Sites:
Chemistry and Scientific Organizations:
Chemistry and Scientific Journals:
U.S. Government Research Laboratories:
Research Center (Now the National Energy Technology Laboratory)
Laboratory A DOE Laboratory
National Laboratory One of the nation's leading science and technology
Research Laboratory (ARL) addresses the key military technologies
for Army and Department of Defense programs.
National Laboratory Conducts research in the physical, biomedical,
and environmental sciences, as well as in energy technologies.
Measurements Laboratory (EML) is a government-owned, government-operated
laboratory operating under the Office of Science and Technology.
National Accelerator Laboratory A DOE National Laboratory.
E. Brown Jr. Salinity Laboratory - national laboratory for basic
research on the biology, chemistry, and physics of salt-affected soil-plant-water
National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory - conducts research
in basic and applied sciences to solve critical problems related to
the environment, energy production and use, economic competitiveness,
and national security.
Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) in conjunction with UC Berkeley
and the Department of Energy
Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) ensures national security
and applies science and technology to important problems of our time.
Alamos National Laboratory - engages in research programs in energy,
nuclear safeguards, biomedical science, environmental protection and
cleanup, computational science, materials science, and other basic
- NASA National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- National Energy
Research Scientific Computing (NERSC)
National Environmental Supercomputing Center (NESC) is a contractor
operated facility designed to support EPA supercomputing programs.
Institutes of Health (NIH)
Research Laboratory The NRL research is directed toward applications
of new and improved materials, techniques, equipment, system, and
ocean, atmospheric, and space sciences and related technologies.
Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) ...working with industry
to develop and apply technology, measurements and standards.
Marine Mammal Laboratory - conducts research on marine mammals,
with particular attention to issues related to marine mammals off
the coast of Oregon, Washington and Alaska.
Peanut Research Laboratory - conducts basic and applied research
to develop knowledge of the factors affecting the production, harvesting,
storage, quality, and safety of peanuts.
Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) - renewable energy and energy
efficiency research, development, and deployment.
Science Foundation (NSF) - independent U.S. government agency
responsible for promoting science and engineering through programs
that invest money in research and education projects in science and
Brunswick Laboratory - government-owned and -operated lab. The
U.S. Certifying Authority for nuclear reference materials.
- NOAA National
Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Northwest National Laboratory PNL research focuses on energy,
the environment, and national security for government and industry
- Peeps Research Laboratory: Investigating the physical and chemical properties of everyone's favorite Easter treat.
- Oak Ridge
National Laboratory (ORNL) conducts basic and applied research
and development to create scientific knowledge and technological solutions.
National Laboratories (SNL) New Mexico or bust!
- US Global
Change Research Program Helping
to understand, assess and predict global change...
Other Collections of Chemistry Resources