MIT has recently upgraded its Citrix servers to Windows 2003. This should
provide for faster response times, as well as other improvements. It means,
however, that you will need to delete the .ica files that you have been
using to access applications via Citrix. See instructions are included below.
STEP ONE: DELETE OLD ICA FILE AND DOWNLOAD A NEW .ICA FILE:
1. Delete the old .ica file, that you have been using to launch the Citrix
2. Navigate in Safari to http://citrix.mit.edu.
3. You should see your own name. Select Logon, and then double-click
4. If you are prompted to Run or Save the file, select Save.
5. Depending where your browser is set to download files, you should now
have a launch.ica file on your machine. To see where the file is located,
follow the menu path: Window > Downloads.
STEP TWO: MAKE THE NEW .ICA FILE PERMANENT:
1. After downloading the ICA file, rename the file to something appropriate
(e.g. mitsis.ica). The next instructions are for Macintosh. Please let us know
if you are using Windows.
2. Once you have the file, hold down the <control> key and click on the file
with your mouse pointer.
3. Follow the menu path: Open With > Other....
4. Navigate to TextEdit which should be in your Applications folder and
5. Once you have it open, look for the line that has RemoveICAFile=yes and
change the yes to no.
6. Save the file and quit TextEdit.
7. You should now be able to double-click the .ica file and it should open
the Citrix client and run as usual and then stay there once you quit.