StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: What is the good number of EC2 Instants for a one cluster

From: Rajat Banerjee <no email>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 14:48:33 -0400

Hi Kwon,
Welcome to Starcluster.

100 EC2 instances seems excessive. The High performance instances are
not cheap either. Most people start with 3-5 instances. I have no idea
what your job profile looks like, but you can add nodes to a running
cluster with the add_node command if you need more. You probably want
to experiment with a small job first and then scale up.

Good luck,
Rajat