Carol is an artist who lives and works in New York City. She has experienced synesthesia for as long as she can remember, perceiving colors in numbers, letters and when hearing certain sounds. Selected forms of touch like acupressure and acupuncture also lead to the perception of both colors and shapes.
- "I came back from college on semester break..."
- "With acupuncture, I experience color in layers"
- "Orange is my default color for pain"
Carol's synesthetic alphabet
Karen is a language researcher and project manager living in Boston. Her synesthesia dates back to childhood and involves the perception of colors when viewing text or hearing spoken words. A meeting she had with Professor Rosalyn Picard of the MIT Media Lab led to the effort culminating in this web site.
- "That's just the way my letters are"
- "Linguistics is a grayish-purple-blue word"
- "I first realized it when I was about 11"
Karen's synesthetic alphabet
[ Synesthesia Home Page ]