Workshops and Events
Everyone needs help sometime. You can get help from those who've gone before. Faculty members and grad students speaking at our Workshops and those who are going through it with you—classmates in a more-or-less formal study group.
UAAP offers one-time sessions focused on particular topics, including time management, study techniques for a particular academic field, preparing for finals, and reducing stress. Presenters include MIT faculty and upperclass and grad students as well as UAAP staff.
Upcoming Programs and Events
Additional events are added as scheduled, so please check back.
Programs for Freshmen
- October 20th – Faculty Lunch: featuring Professors Troy Van Voorhis (Course 5), Jeff Grossman (Course 3), and Bob Redwine (Course 8), 12-1pm. RSVP required to firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 26th – October 30th: Trick or Treat for Advice Week
- November 4th – DUE for a Recharge: 10am-2pm, DUE offices
- November 13th – Wellness Fair: 3pm-5pm, Z-Center Lobby
- November 19th – No Flip Flops (Preparing for Winter), 5pm, RSVP required to email@example.com
- December 9th & 10th – Stress Prevention Activities (SPA): 10am-2pm, Room 7-103
First Year Fridays Program Series
First Year Fridays is a new UAAP initiative to provide first year students with events and activities on Friday afternoons. Topics will include faculty engagement, academic skill development, time management, and continued orientation programming.
- October 16th - Faculty Lunch featuring Course 8 Professors Alan Guth and Peter Dourmashkin, 12:30pm. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 30th - Trick or Treat for Advice Week, 1-3pm, 7-103
- November 6th - VPR Session, 12:30pm, 4-231
- November 13th - Drop Date Drop-In with AA's and OL's, 12-2pm, 7-103
- December 4th - Alcohol Education Session, 12:30pm, 4-231
- December 11th - Finals Prep Session, 1-2pm, 4-231
Programs for Sophomores
- September 17th - SYE Opportunities Fair, 3-4:30pm, Lobby 13
If you'd like us to organize a session on a topic or have questions about upcoming offerings, please contact us: email@example.com.