Workshops and Events
Everyone needs help sometime. You can get help from those who've gone before. Faculty members and grad students speaking at our Workshops and those who are going through it with you—classmates in a more-or-less formal study group.
UAAP offers one-time sessions focused on particular topics, including time management, study techniques for a particular academic field, preparing for finals, and reducing stress. Presenters include MIT faculty and upperclass and grad students as well as UAAP staff. More sessions can be added. If you'd like us to organize a session on a topic you don't see here, please contact us: email@example.com.
Fall 2013 Programs
- September 10 and 16: Lunch with a Faculty member. RSVP Required.
- September 12: How to Study Physics from 7-9pm in Room 4-149
- September 24: How to Study Math from 7-9pm in Room 4-145
- September 26: How to Study Biology from 7-9pm in Room 4-149
- October 2: How to Study Chemistry from 7-9pm in Room 4-145
- October 17: Time Management from 4-5pm in Room 4-145
- October 28: Wellness Fair at 3:30pm in Kresge Lobby
- October 29: Responding to Fifth Week Flags from 4-5pm in Room 4-145
- November 5: Pre-Health Academic Advising Night from 6-7:30pm in Room 4-145
- November 7: Thinking Ahead to Spring UROP from 12-1pm in Room 1-150
- November 21: No Flip Flops (Preparing for Winter) at 6pm. RSVP Required. Contact Katie Julian to RSVP.
- December 5: Finals Preparation from 4-5pm in Room 4-145
- December 10 and 11: Stress Prevention Activities, from 10am-2pm in Room 7-103