The First Year at MIT
The UAAP serves as the first-year office and supports a variety of programs that help enrich academic life at MIT, including advising, Orientation, UROP, and more. As such, we have created the First Year at MIT web suite with detailed sites for first-year students, their advisors, and associate advisors as well as prospective and transfer students. These sites provide academic information, advice, and resources to help support the critical first year at MIT.
Click on one of the links below to access UAAP’s advising related first year websites.
- Class of 2017 website: updated regularly to provide key advising and academic information to current freshmen. From details on Orientation to advice on classes to take in the first year, choosing a major, and more.
- Freshman Advisors website:updated regularly to serve as a resource to freshman advisors and to help them in their work with freshmen in the critical first year at MIT.
- Associate Advisors website: updated regularly to provide associates with useful information that will guide them as Associate Advisors to freshmen.
- Transfer Students website: created to help transfer students in their transition to the Institute.
- Prospective Students website: focuses on academic information to help students make their decision on whether to apply to MIT, specifically details and links to information on degree programs, credit for previous study (exam credit and transfer credit), and admissions policies.