Withdrawals: Withdrawal Checklist
Review the checklist below as you plan your time away from MIT.
- Schedule an appointment with an S3 dean to discuss your plans.
- A dean will work with you to outline expectations regarding your time away from MIT. When your withdrawal is processed, you will receive an email outlining the expectations. You should have a full understanding of these expectations at the time of your withdrawal.
- Students who withdraw from MIT are automatically ineligible for Institute approved housing. Students are expected to move out of MIT dorms/FSILGs in a timely fashion. There are other resources available to assist with departure if necessary.
- Students are not eligible for MIT Student Extended Health Insurance while on Voluntary or Required Withdrawal. Students who are taking a Medical Withdrawal and are already enrolled in the MIT Student Extended Health Insurance Plan should let their dean know whether they would like to continue coverage.
- If you intend to take classes or transfer to another college or university, you may need a copy of your MIT transcript. You can obtain a copy through the Office of the Registrar.