Suspension of Services
An undergraduate who has withdrawn, or is ineligible to register for other reasons, no longer has student status and may not use Institute services, as described below:
- A student on withdrawal is not allowed to reside in MIT owned or affiliated housing (e.g., campus residences, apartments, fraternities, sororities, or independent living groups), attend classes at MIT, perform research at MIT, work at MIT, participate in student life activities or with student life groups, or utilize other MIT facilities.
- The MIT Card will be deactivated, and the individual will not be authorized to use the services for which the card provides access. These services include but are not limited to the libraries, the dining system, computing resources, and Institute housing.
- In most cases, the individual will be permitted to retain an mit.edu email address. All other computer services, including Athena access and use of MIT licensed software, will be suspended.
- The individual will be excluded from the student payroll and may not participate in UROP.
- The individual will not be placed on class rosters. S/he will not be allowed to participate in class projects. Work that is turned in for class will not be graded or returned.