Options: Amgen-UROP Scholars Program
Entering its tenth year, the Amgen-UROP Scholars Program invites undergraduates to participate in faculty-mentored summer research at MIT in the science and biotechnology areas.
Students admitted to this program (known as "Amgen Scholars") will have opportunities to conduct research, analyze data, present research results, network with other undergraduates with similar research interests, and develop working relationships with MIT faculty mentors and other research staff.
Participation has many benefits. Amgen Scholars learn how to collaborate effectively in research settings while investigating areas of research interest within a specific discipline and gaining practical skills and knowledge for both graduate study and post-graduation careers. Participants become fully integrated in MIT's summer research community, interacting with faculty mentors and fellow undergraduates while participating in research seminars and other networking events. Most importantly, Amgen Scholars become involved in exciting research and contribute to the advancement of science in an area of interest.
The Program also offers a competitive compensation package. Amgen Scholars working 40 hours per week for the nine week period will earn $4,320, based on an hourly wage of $12.00. Housing in a designated MIT residence hall and a $800 food allowance will also be provided.
Space in the the Amgen-UROP Scholars Program is limited; up to 20 undergraduates will be admitted for Summer 2016.
- Enrollment in four-year colleges and universities (including MIT) in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and other U.S. Territories
- U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent residency
- Sophomore status (with 4 quarters or 3 semesters of college experience), Juniors, and non-graduating seniors who plan to continue undergraduate studies in Fall 2016
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or above (based on a 4.0 scale)
- Interest in pursuing graduate school, including a PhD or MD-PhD
Students and others interested in finding out more about the program may also contact us at (617) 253-7306, or firstname.lastname@example.org