Applying for UROPs
As an academic program, UROP requires students to submit UROP applications each semester/summer so that we can evaluate the content and scope of your planned research.
For MIT undergraduates and Cambridge/MIT Exchange students, applications are submitted online. All applications include a research proposal detailing your research plan for the given semester. See the online application process for complete instructions.
In addition, please be aware that evaluations are required at the end of each term that you participate in UROP.
- MIT Student evaluations that provide feedback on your UROP experience, level of supervision received, plans for future collaboration, accomplishments, etc. Submitted via your UROP Student homepage (MIT web certificates required).
- Faculty supervisor evaluations that provide feedback on your performance throughout the course of your UROP, plans for future collaboration, accomplishments, etc. Submitted via the UROP Faculty Supervisor homepage (MIT web certificates required) or submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wellesley Collegue students submit hard-copy paperwork, consisting of the following items:
- A research proposal detailing your research plan for the given semester.
- A Wellesley UROP coversheet which details the compensation that you intend to receive for your UROP (pay, credit or volunteer), and is signed by you, your faculty supervisor, and the UROP Coordinator for your faculty supervisor's department, lab or center. NOTE: proposals and signed coversheets should be submitted prior to beginning your UROP, and no later than the given UROP deadline for the term. See the Deadlines page for all current deadlines.
- Student and faculty evaluations that provide feedback on your UROP experience, plans for future collaboration, accomplishments, etc.
If you are a Wellesley student interested in UROP, please see the Wellesley College Students page for complete information on how to find and apply for UROPs at MIT.