Find Projects & Apply: Wellesley Student Applications
Wellesley College students must cross-register for each term in which their UROPs take place. Please follow the steps below to cross-register for UROP and submit your online UROP application. Cross-registration forms should be submitted to MIT as early as possible in the term of participation.
- Decide with your faculty supervisor whether the UROP is to undertaken for pay, credit, or as a volunteer and discuss pay rate, grading, and unit totals as applicable for your UROP type.
- Complete the MIT-Wellesley cross-registration form and the MIT Registrar’s Office Non-Institute Biographic Form (PDF). The instructor signature required on the cross-registration form is that of your MIT faculty supervisor, not a post-doc, graduate student or other direct supervisor.
- Bring your signed MIT-Wellesley cross-registration form and completed MIT Registrar’s Office Non-Institute Biographic Form to UROP staff in MIT 7-104 for UROP cross-registration verification and UROP staff signature.
- Submit completed MIT-Wellesley cross-registration and MIT Registrar Biographic forms to the MIT Registrar in 5-117. Allow 2-3 business days for MIT to process your cross-registration.
- Once cross-registered, if you do not already have an MIT Kerberos account (MIT email username and password), be sure to create your MIT Kerberos account. You will need the MIT ID# created at the time of your cross-registration to create your MIT account. MIT Kerberos accounts are required to access MIT online systems.
- Access the Online UROP system - MIT Touchstone authentication required. Online applications require faculty supervisor and department information, pay and/or credit details, detailed UROP proposal, etc.
- Be sure to submit your application to your faculty supervisor by the posted term application deadline. Faculty and departments have additional time to review applications following the posted term deadline.
- Application questions and decisions are announced via email, so be sure to check your MIT email for communications from UROP staff.