For Faculty Supervisors: Advertise Opportunities
All UROP projects must be worthy of academic credit and suitable undertakings for an undergraduate.
If your project idea meets this standard, you have a number of options when it comes to advertising:
- Post a project listing with this office. Include a brief description of your project, listing any requirements or prerequisites for the position, etc. Submit a UROP Project Opening using our project posting webform or send email to email@example.com . Once approved by the UROP staff, your listing will be appear on this site under UROP Project Openings. This process may take a few days. Your posting will be removed after approximately one month unless you ask us to re-post.
- Post your position on public bulletin boards around campus.
- Ask your department's undergraduate office to post your position and advertise it to department majors.
- Inform your department's UROP Coordinator that you are looking for a UROPer, and ask to have interested students referred to you.
- Find the student on your own (i.e. choose a student from one of your classes or one of your advisees).
To expedite the posting process, please include the following in your email:
- A brief project description
- Any prerequisites or requirements for the position
- The name of your department/lab/center
- The name of the MIT UROP Faculty Supervisor (if you are not contacting us directly)
- Contact information; including email address and url/s (if applicable)
Note: If you submit a position on behalf of a faculty member, please be sure to cc: him/her on the email to UROP. All submissions must be reviewed and approved by UROP staff prior to being posted on our site. Please be aware that this process may take a few days.