Guidelines: MIT/CME Students
Below you will find information on the guidelines that you must follow in order to participate in a UROP.
- Submit your evaluation(s) from your most recent UROP.
- With your UROP faculty supervisor, choose direct funding, supervisor funding, credit, or volunteer.
- Write a UROP research proposal describing your planned research activities for the semester.
- Submit an online UROP application via your UROP student homepage by the given deadline for the term. See the Application Instructions page for complete details on the online application process.
- UROP applications cannot be processed, until both your UROP faculty supervisor and the department/lab UROP coordinator have approved your application (either online or by signing a copy printed for signatures). Applications must be submitted to UROP staff by the given deadline for the term.
- If you will be traveling domestically or abroad related to your UROP project, additional travel forms are required. See the UROP-Related Travel Forms page for details on this requirement.
- No approvals, timesheets, or paychecks will be issued until all required materials have been received and approved.
- You may not receive credit and pay for the same project or both supervisor funding and direct funding for the same project during the same term.
- YOU MUST REGISTER UROP CREDIT WITH THE REGISTRAR IN ADDITION TO SUBMITTING YOUR CREDIT UROP APPLICATION. Register on your registration form or submit an Add/Drop form to the Registrar by Drop Date (see Academic Calendar).
- To register for a graded P/D/F UROP: Add the subject number (Course#).UR
- To register for a graded A/B/C/D/F UROP: Add the subject number (Course#).URG
- Graded credit is not available in Course 6 and Course 8 or to first-term freshmen.
- Check your status of registration on WebSIS to make sure you are correcctly registered for your UROP
- Provided that you have properly registered your UROP credit, your UROP faculty supervisor will be contacted for your grade at the end of the term. It is his/her responsibility to report your grade to the Registrar's office.
- DIRECT FUNDING (FUNDS FROM UROP): The UAAP will fund up to $1,410 (at $10.00/hour) for the fall and spring academic terms and up to $4,760 per summer (also paid at $10.00/hour). Applicants will be notified of funding status via email within 2-3 weeks following the deadline, provided all application materials are complete. Incomplete applications will delay the process.
- SUPERVISOR FUNDING: The minimum hourly rate is $10.00/hr. and you must enter a maximum amount in the required line; this amount is your overall expected earnings. You will be notified via email once your appplication is approved regarding the next steps you need to take to ensure that your UROP payroll is set up properly.