Guidelines: Travel Links & Resources
The following sites provide helpful information and resources related to travel that should prove useful to you both when planning UROP-related travel and while traveling.
- MIT Emergency Website and MIT Travel Risk Policy: Provides information on travel risk policies, advisories on specific high-risk destinations, and related travel forms.
- MIT Global Education & Career Development (GECD): Global Education staff work with the staff of MIT's various international programs to support undergraduates as they prepare for, proceed on, and return from global experiences.
- International SOS (MIT web certificates required): MIT has contracted with International SOS (I.SOS) to provide emergency medical and security evacuation services to faculty, staff, and students who are traveling abroad on MIT business. International SOS has 24-hour Alarm Centers, international clinics and remote-site medical facilities covering five continents.
- U.S. Department of State Travel Warnings and Consular Information
For travel warnings, advisories, and consular information sheets and for specific destinations.
- U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Information on traveler's health issues and recommended vaccinations based on destination.
- World Health Organization (WHO): Information on disease outbreaks and emergencies.
- Reliefweb: Information, news, and updates for those traveling abroad for humanitarian relief work.
- International Association for Medical Assistance to Travelers (IAMAT)
- UROP Staff (concerns and questions on undergraduate research travel)
- Campus Police (available 24/7)
- MIT Dean-on-Call (after hours): 617-253-1212